What we collect
We collect personal data about you to manage our relationship with you. In most cases, this will include:
- Contact information
We collect data from you:
- Directly, for example, when you initially request for information, or when you email us
- Indirectly through our subsequent interactions with you
We ask that you do not provide sensitive data (such as race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and, criminal records) to us when using our websites; if you choose to provide sensitive data to us for any reason, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent for us to collect and use that data in the ways described in this privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this data.
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services.
How we use your personal data and legal basis for processing
We process your personal data on the following legal bases for the following purposes.
- To enable us to contact you when you submit your curriculum vitae for consideration (Click here for further information)
- To enable us to respond to your general enquiries
- To help us contact you to request further information
- To enable us to provide you with financial quotes
We have a legitimate interest in using your data for these purposes, as it helps us to manage our relationship with you. We have carried out a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) whereby we have weighed your interests and the risks posed to you against our own interests and consider that they are proportionate and appropriate.
- To administer, support, improve and develop our services generally
- To enforce our legal rights
We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data in this way, as it helps us to run our business and to safeguard our rights as a business.
- To comply with any requirement of law, regulation or a professional body of which we are a member
We do this to comply with our legal, regulatory and professional obligations
Sharing and disclosing your personal data
We do not share or disclose any of your personal data without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. When we share data with others, we ensure contractual arrangements and security mechanisms are in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
Your personal data may be shared with:
- Third party organisations such as appropriate lenders and lawyers to facilitate the set up and completion of a transaction
- Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us for example, providers of data technology, cloud-based software as a service providers, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services
- Third party organisations that provide identification checking services
Occasionally, we may also need to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Based on our legitimate interests, to third parties if we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
- To law enforcement officials, law courts and government and regulatory authorities: (a) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or (b) to protect and defend our rights, or the rights or safety of third parties, including to defend against legal claims based on our legitimate interests
- In exceptional circumstances, to third parties to protect your vital interests if you fell ill or suffered an injury at one of our events or on our premises
How long we keep your data
We only ever retain personal data for as long as is necessary (e.g. for as long as we have, or need to keep a record of, a relationship with the relevant individual) and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.