What we collect
We collect personal data about you to help us to manage our relationship with you and to advertise business/asset acquisition opportunities.
The types of data we collect, and process can vary, it may include:
- Contact Information
- Company information
We collect data:
- Directly from you, for example from our business contacts (e.g within our CRM system), when you request for information, register for a Datarooms account, respond to our IP-bid.com advert, or when you email us
- Indirectly through our interactions with you
How we use your personal data and legal basis for processing
We process your personal data on the following legal bases for the following purposes.
||We have a legitimate interest in using your data for these purposes, as it helps us to manage our relationship with you. We have carried out a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) whereby we have weighed your interests and the risks posed to you against our own interests and consider that they are proportionate and appropriate.|
||We have a legitimate interest in using your personal data in this way, as it helps us to run our business and to safeguard our rights as a business.|
||We do this to comply with our legal, regulatory and professional obligations.|
We would like to send you information by email and call you about our products and services, and updates about our business.
If you are a corporate contact, we will send marketing communications to your company email address unless you have opted out. We will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us when we first contact you. Also, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" in any of our marketing communications or by visiting your preference settings page.
For non-corporate contacts, we will only send marketing communications to your personal email address if those communications relate to goods, services or opportunities which are similar to services we have already provided to you in the past or which you have expressed an interest in, or if you have consented to us contacting you in this way. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" in any of our marketing communications or by visiting your preference settings page.
If your consent is not refreshed through your preference settings page within a 3-year cycle, we will contact you to ask for your refreshed consent. This is to ensure we hold accurate marketing consent for you.
Sharing and disclosing your personal data
We do not share or disclose any of your personal data without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. When we share data with others, we ensure contractual arrangements and security mechanisms are in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
Your personal data may be shared with:
- Target businesses relating to business/asset acquisition opportunities
- Third party organisations that provide applications/functionality, data processing or IT services to us for example, providers of data technology, cloud-based software as a service providers, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services
Occasionally, we may also need to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Based on our legitimate interests, to third parties if we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
- To law enforcement officials, law courts and government and regulatory authorities: (a) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or (b) to protect and defend our rights, or the rights or safety of third parties, including to defend against legal claims based on our legitimate interests
- In exceptional circumstances, to third parties to protect your vital interests if you fell ill or suffered an injury at one of our events or on our premises
How long we keep your data
We only ever retain personal data for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We will delete your personal data from our systems if there has been no adequate contact activity with you for 3 years. It is unlikely that your data will be relevant for the purpose it was collected after this period.
Adequate contact activity means written or verbal communication between us, or when you are actively using our online services for example by expressing your interest in an acquisition opportunity or updating your personal details on our website.
Where you have opted out of us using your details for marketing, we will not continue to send you marketing. However, if you are still a contact, we will need to retain your contact details to communicate with you about ongoing matters.
Where you have consented to us using your details for marketing, we will keep such information until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.