What we collect
We collect personal data necessary to conduct our recruitment process effectively.
The types of data we collect, and process can vary, it may include:
- Contact Information
- Professional Profile
- Qualifications (Education/Professional)
- Career history/summary
- Hobbies and Interests
We collect data:
- Directly, for example, if you have given us your CV through our careers page, LinkedIn message response or direct email to an FRP email inbox
- Indirectly through third parties like recruitment agents
We ask that you do not provide sensitive data (such as race or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; physical or mental health; genetic data; biometric data; sexual life or sexual orientation; and, criminal records) to us during our recruitment process; if you choose to provide sensitive data to us for any reason, the act of doing so constitutes your explicit consent for us to collect and use that data in the ways described in this privacy statement or as described at the point where you choose to disclose this data.
How we use your personal data and legal basis for processing
We process your personal data on the following legal bases for the following purposes.
||We have a legitimate interest in using your data for these purposes, as it helps us to in our roles as a recruiter seeking to engage potential candidates. We have carried out a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) whereby we have weighed your interests and the risks posed to you against our own interests and consider that they are proportionate and appropriate.|
Sharing and disclosing your personal data
We do not share or disclose any of your personal data without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. When we share data with others, we ensure contractual arrangements and security mechanisms are in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
Your personal data may be shared with:
- Organisations that provide apprenticeships
- Organisations that provide professional qualifications
- Previous employers (as part of the referencing process)
Occasionally, we may also need to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Based on our legitimate interests, to third parties if we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
- To law enforcement officials, law courts and government and regulatory authorities: (a) if we believe disclosure is required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process; or (b) to protect and defend our rights, or the rights or safety of third parties, including to defend against legal claims based on our legitimate interests
- In exceptional circumstances, to third parties to protect your vital interests if you fell ill or suffered an injury at one of our events or on our premises
How long we keep your data
We only ever retain personal data for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Where you have provided your personal data e.g. CV to facilitate our recruitment process, we will keep such data for a maximum of 18 months.